As part of the Product Sciences group, the energetic and motivated scientist will design, perform and interpret complex experiments related to development of novel analytical tools and characterization of final product and process intermediates for CAR-T products. This role will support activities related to the identification of product critical quality attributes, in collaboration with Process/Analytical Development, Translational Development, Clinical and Immuno-Oncology research functions.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contribute to the development of biological hypotheses relating to product cellular attributes and their impact on clinical outcomes
- Execute experiments of moderate complexity and dimensionality in support analytical development and extended product characterization
- Support team members through team work and collaboration
- Support CMC objectives by providing biological and technical knowledge relating to product cellular attributes
- Data organization in laboratory notebooks and data analysis/reporting
- Expand knowledge in cell therapy development and awareness of competitive landscape in the cellular immune-oncology space
- Grow and enhance skills sets related to analytical development and immunological techniques
- Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- Maintain a safe workplace in accordance with company and OSHA policies/procedures
- B.S. in Cell/Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline with 3-5 years of relevant experience or M.S. with 1-3 years of relevant experience is required
- Ability to work under moderate technical supervision and perform operational tasks independently is required
- Basic knowledge in mammalian cell culture techniques, including isolation of immune cell subsets, maintenance and expansion of primary cells and cell lines is required
- Knowledge of basic immunology techniques is required, FACS, immunofluorescence, ELISA, PCR, cytokine and chemokine detection, cell-based bioassays is desired
- Experience with analytical method development for a variety of cell-based bioassays, binding assays and/or residual impurity assays is preferred
- High motivation and drive to acquire new skills.
- Willingness to work in a regulated environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please visit www.celgene.com to learn more about current opportunities at Celgene. To apply for this position, please visit the career section.
Celgene Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Supervisor: Sr. Bioengineer, Product Sciences
Department: Product Sciences, Cell Therapy Development
Prerequisites: B.S. or M.S. in Cell/Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biomedical Engineering, related discipline