Axion BioSystems Description
Axion BioSystems, an early stage company located in Atlanta,GA,has developed technology to non-invasively track real-time cell activity. Axion initially launched the industry’s first high-throughput microelectrode array (MEA) system. MEAs are used for the invitroinvestigation of networks of electrically active cells (e.g. neurons, cardiac cells, muscle cells etc.) for screening compounds, chemicals, toxins etc. When combined with modern stem cell culture technologies, Axion’s ME Aplatforms allows scientists to model human heart-beats and brain activity in a dish. Recently, we have expanded on this technology to introduce an impedance-based assay platform used to track cell growth and death with specific applications in immuno-oncology and immuno-therapies.
We are looking for an energetic person comfortable with science and skilled at selling. As a member of the US field team based at Axion in Atlanta, GA, applicants should also be comfortable taking on additional roles within a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide scientific, technical, and applications support during pre-and post-sales activities
- Schedule and manage instrument installations, trainings,and assist withdemos as required
- Develop and present complex material to potential customers in an easy to understand manner while being able to professionally handle objections
- Assist the marketing team in generating sales leads by writing white papers, application notes, leaflets,abstracts, posters, and slides on products and new applications
- Attend national trade shows to present research and promote Axion products
- Support the sales team by using critical thinking to identify customer needs and to demonstrate the correct product solutions to meet those needs
- Help customers in justifying equipment purchase by offering assistance in assay development, data generation, preparing reports, and presenting results.
- Perform cell-based assays and experiments at collaborative customer sites
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products and technologies•Provide feedback to salesand productmanagement regarding market dynamics, product performance, competition, and market potential
- Serve as a communication bridge between end-users and internal development groups and management being the “voice of the customer”
Skills and Qualifications
- BS, MS, or PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, biomedical engineeringor a related science
- Ability to travel 25-50% of time
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- Self-starter that exhibits strong creativity and resourcefulness
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Efficiently works under pressuresand within deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-confident and outgoing personality
Contact Information To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Dan Amend at firstname.lastname@example.org.