The primary focus of the Sr. Research Associate / Engineer I will be working as a key contributor to the development of cell therapy processes. This role will support the design and execution of development experiments enabling a deep understanding of the process and possible impacts on drug product attributes.
- Design and execute experiments using sound scientific principles to support cell therapy process development
- Perform statistical analysis on data in order to establish criticality for processes
- Presentation of experimental findings/results following study completion
- Aid in design and creation of development study plans, identifying critical process parameters and appropriate ranges for optimal experimental design of the study
- Timely and thorough documentation and completion of electronic laboratory notebooks
- Coordinate with the analytical group for timely delivery of process samples and turn-around of analytical data.
- Support and/or author technical reports detailing experimental work and summarizing conclusions
- Experience with aseptic processing of mammalian or primary cell culture in biological safety cabinet
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects
- Able to apply engineering principles and statistical analysis, including design of experiments, in order to provide input and guidance for design of characterization/validation studies
- Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrix environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office products and working knowledge of statistical software (R, JMP, Minitab)
- Able to creatively manage time and elevate relevant issues to project lead and line management
- Strong scientific and technical writing and presentations
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work rotating weekend shifts
- Experience or familiarity with multicolor flow cytometry and/or bioassays
- B.S. in chemical/biological engineering, biology, or relevant scientific field and 3+ years of relevant experience in biologic process/analytical development or commercial biologic manufacturing process support
Our headquarters, situated in the bustling South Lake Union district of Seattle, sits among some of the most visible organizations in the world. Seattle offers award-winning restaurants, a vibrant hip music scene and spectacular views of water and mountains. Within an hour’s drive of Seattle, you can be fishing, skiing, hiking or tasting world-class Washington wines.
Application procedure: To apply, please send your cover letter and CV/resume to Greg Russotti (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Location: Seattle, WA