Postdoctoral Researcher, BioTherapeutics Development
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 125,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceuticals and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Cell Line Development and Active Pharmaceutical teams within Janssen BioTherapeutics Development (BioTD) are seeking an energetic, highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to lead a collaboration between the CLD and API groups to characterize and understand the underlying mechanism behind the cell biology changes that are witnessed during cell culture processing. In this role you will lead a cross-functional team to characterize the cell biology mechanism that leads to a not-well-understood phenomenon in our cell culture and bioreactor processes. The Postdoctoral Researcher will be encouraged to use high throughput techniques (e.g., fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS)) in combination with other cell biology tools (e.g., RNA sequencing, cell synchronization) to efficiently identify signature changes of the phenomenon. This role will have a great impact on the future of the Upstream cell culture platform in BioTD. Upon completion of the postdoctoral program, you will have acquired valuable career experience that enables entry into translational academic settings, biotech-related opportunities, and/or continued development in large pharma.
At Janssen, post-doctoral fellows are trained by expert scientists working at the cutting edge of drug development. We are committed to fostering a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force. You will learn from and contribute to an industry-leading drug development program that has brought numerous quality therapeutics to patients and has made significant contributions to human health. You will also collaborate and participate in cross-functional team discussions, gaining insight into many aspects of biotherapeutic development.
As the post-doctoral fellow, you will:
- Use a variety of high throughput and molecular biology techniques to identify signature changes in different cell populations
- Propose biological mechanism(s) that leads to population changes using experimental observations and published scientific literature
- Deliver reports, summaries, and presentations supporting experimental results
- Present research findings and data to the group; interact and collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners, and present findings
- Publish findings in peer-reviewed journal
- Ensure data integrity and maintain compliance with general laboratory operations, all appropriate SOPs for laboratory work, data recording, and laboratory equipment
- Maintenance of detailed records, notebooks in a GMP compliant manner, safety, and environmental requirements is expected
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or a related field is required
- Experience in cell culture and standard molecular biology techniques is required
- Experience in cell-based assays and flow cytometry analysis is preferred
- Previous experience and good track record in solving difficult problems and identifying solutions is a must
- Ability to challenge status quo, and develop intellectual insights is required.
- Ability to drive independently the design and execution of the strategy/studies is required
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks, handle tight timelines and deliver quality data
- Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of laboratory notebooks (paper or electronic) is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of delivering data-based reports in all relevant formats, is required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Prospective candidates should contact Vince Price (jprice35@ITS.JNJ.com) for more technical details.