Will design and conduct lab experiments to develop and verify the Singulator 100 system.
Conducts literature reviews as need to develop new protocols for single cell and nuclei isolation.
Will acquire, collate, summarize, and present data in the form of presentations as required by management
Will keep a complete record of all experiments worked on either in a lab notebook or electronically, with oversight from manager
Writes and contribute to publications, articles, reports, and presentations
Will work with rodents and other tissues
Prepares progress reports for the PI and funding agency
May set up, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment, as specified by the requirements of the study
Required to train to currently designed Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Guidelines
Requests or acquires supplies or equipment necessary for the project
May assist in the formulation of new Safety documents, Work Instruction documents and Standard Operating Procedure documents
Responsible for general upkeep of the laboratory including maintaining clean lab benches, making sure labware is cleaned, placing chemicals in their appropriate containments, maintaining MSDS’s, and ensuring waste is disposed of properly
B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry related fields
1-2+ years laboratory experience
• Knowledge of general lab protocols (pipetting, buffer prep, etc.)
• Tissue Dissociation, single-cell prep, nuclei prep
• Tissue isolation and handling
• RNA extraction and QC
• RNA-Seq, sNuc-Seq, 10X Single Cell work flow
• Working knowledge of qPCR, microscopy, cell biology, and spectroscopy
• Lab experience is preferred
• Experience with aseptic technique
Research Assistant top skills & proficiencies:
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Technical skills
- Statistical and graphical analysis of data
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards
- Planning and scheduling
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good organization and time management skills
- Efficient communication skills
- General computer skills
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance is essential.
- A willingness and ability to strictly follow instructions and protocols, and to work meticulously with attention to detail
- Full time commitment for a period of 1-2 years is required, 2-year commitment preferred
S2 Genomics, Inc.
6712 Preston Ave, Ste D
Livermore, CA 94551