What is Axion BioSystems?
Axion BioSystems, Inc. is a life science company located in Atlanta, GA. At Axion BioSystems, we build flexible products that keep pace with today’s research, while striving to test the limits of one’s imagination. Axion BioSystems initially launched the first commercial multi-well microelectrode array (MEA) system, the MaestroTM in 2012. Over the past 10 years, we have developed a steady pipeline of innovative, industry-leading products that increase throughput, functionality, and information for industrial and academic research. Our products are actively used to research Epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, ALS, neurotoxicology, cardiac safety pharmacology, and cancer, with new discoveries being made constantly by our customers. If you want to be a part of a company that has the potential to save lives and shape upcoming translational therapies, Axion may be the place for you.
What would you bring to Axion BioSystems?
We are currently seeking an energetic scientist to join Axion’s Applications team. Our team identifies, develops, and implements advanced applications for the Maestro family of products. Our goal is to establish and refine assays that are scientifically rigorous, yet also accessible and scale-able, including the creation of “seizures-in-a-dish” or assays for cancer immunotherapy. Specifically, this role will have focused attention on immunotherapy applications, including assay development, internal research, and external collaborations. Additionally, this role will support cross-team efforts for new product development and scientific marketing in immunotherapy. As a Senior Scientist on the Applications team, you would own significant development efforts from inception to delivery and routinely participate in cross-team collaboration.
• PhD in Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or similar field, or a Master’s degree with 1-2 years of relevant experience
• Experience with cell-based assays in the field of immunotherapy
• Knowledge of ongoing trends in immunotherapy
• Biostatistical and data analysis experience
• Capable of communicating in a cross-functional engineering team
• U.S Citizenship or permanent residency required
Preferred Skills: The following are not required, but will enhance an applicant’s candidacy.
• Specialty knowledge in the areas of genetics or high throughput screening.
• Peer-reviewed publications in the field of immunotherapy
Expectations: The following list describes various responsibilities of this role:
• Serves as a subject matter expert in immunotherapy for internal and external projects
• Contributes to applications development at the task, project, and team levels
• Participates in project definition, scope, planning, and execution
• Owns significant development efforts from inception to delivery
• Manages time well across multiple projects in parallel
• Able to work independently on most tasks
• Effective cross-team communication to drive projects forward
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org