Every summer, CMaT provides its Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program. The REU summer program funds 10-15 undergraduate students to work in CMaT labs at Georgia Tech (GT), University of Georgia (UGA), University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez (UPRM), and University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW).
The summer program offers:
- 10 weeks of hands-on research at GT, UGA, UPRM, or UW
- $4500 - $5000 stipend per student
- Free housing and allowances for meals and travel
- Grad school prep, faculty mentoring, professional development, and social engagement with other students on campus
- Networking with partner REUs
- Multiple presentation opportunities including the CMaT annual retreat
- Must be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must be currently enrolled in a science or engineering undergraduate program (biology, chemistry, physics, materials science, bioengineering, computer science, or related fields)
- Students from underrepresented minority groups, women, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
Learn more about our faculty and their research areas that could potentially host our summer undergraduates.
Paid Summer Undergraduate Student Research Opportunity in Cell Manufacturing Flyer